Saturday, December 20, 2008

hunting homes



In the past week and a half I've very bizarrely found myself in the position of a first time prospective home buyer. My arbitrarily/incredibly generous and supportive parents have suggested that now that it's time for me to move out of the camping trailer, it's better that I don't go back to paying rent. Sometimes I think I either am a rich spoiled brat or it's a miracle that I'm not. Also, this sort of behavior from my folks is part of what often makes my life so incredibly surreal. I am not complaining.

Anyway, the short story is, I have offers in on two places. Either one would be fine, and each has a complicated process going on such that I won't hear back for days or weeks.

I daydream of fruit trees and vegetable gardens. The public room shall be the library. . . the kitchen shall have running water. . . I will own a hot water heater, my own hot water heater, and my bedroom will have a barre (not bar, barre.).

And any of ya'll people who've been invited to visit me from far and wide can sleep on my couch. :)


I am satisfied. Lying. Thrilled.

I'm thrilled. :)

3 comments:

___________________________ said...

On *your* couch? Wow! What an honor!

Day said...

Yes, dear. On my couch, not on the couch of a friend or sister where one is likely, due to the nefling population, to engage in little sleep. :)

Snow said...

Wow. And I thought I was moving up in the world by purchasing a car.

Good luck to you in this endeavor.